In 1912, Earle Thompson could be seen getting on a train in Jacksonville, Florida and traveling back and forth to Miami, selling his wares and writing orders going both north and south!
This was the beginning of E.H. Thompson, a foodservice distribution company that was located in an old building downtown, by the train station. This was so, their customers coming to town could just walk across the street to make their purchases, a big convenience. Customer service was always foremost in the minds of Earle Thompson, and later Henry Moates and Bill Lantz. This thinking is what helped EH Thompson to become one of the leading suppliers of everything that is needed for a foodservice establishment, in North Florida and Georgia.. In those days, the china would be delivered in cartons, packed in straw. How times have changed.
This focus on customer service, continues today. Our customers are our most important asset, and we strive to make every customer a customer for life. We look forward to seeing you at our store on Philips Highway very soon.